Sep 22, 2023
Coordinator: Adele Schepige
Empower educators to strengthen their knowledge, skills, and dispositions to improve their professional practices, to enhance their leadership abilities, and to improve the quality of education using creativity, innovation, and research.
- Effectively apply the professional content expertise, knowledge, skills, and dispositions of their education profession.
- Use research and evidence to develop environments that support and assess learning and their own professional practice.
- Demonstrate commitment to and develop professional education leadership attributes.
The Curriculum and Instruction, Master of Science in Education degree consists of 45 credit hours of approved graduate-level courses.
The degree has four areas:
- Professional Education Core (15)
- Curriculum and Instruction Major(18)
- Electives (6)
- Exit requirements (culminating experience) (6)
Professional Education Core
All MSEd students complete this core
Choose One Focus Area Credits: 9
- Dual Language/Bilingual education
- Early Childhood education
- Education technology
- ESOL education
- Language arts education
- Literacy education
- Math education
- Social studies education
- STEM education
Elective Credits: 6
Curriculum and Instruction MSEd students have 6 credits of electives. Electives are selected in consultation with the Curriculum and Instruction coordinator.
Culminating Experiences Exit Requirement
Option 1: Professional Project