Coordinator: Rachel Harrington
Empower educators to strengthen their knowledge, skills, and dispositions to improve their professional practices, to enhance their leadership abilities, and to improve the quality of education using creativity, innovation, and research.
- Effectively use advanced content knowledge and educational technologies.
- Analyze data and evidence to support learning and engage in change.
- Apply learning theories and research in education in a variety of contexts.
- Demonstrate professional growth, dispositions and leadership appropriate to their field in education.
The Elementary Mathematics Specialist (K-8), Master of Science in Education degree consists of 45 credit hours of approved graduate-level courses.
The degree has four areas:
- Professional Education Core (15)
- Elementary Mathematics Specialist (K-8) Major (21)
- Electives (3)
- Exit requirements (culminating experience) (6)